Welcomee, Murder Room
(warning, spoiler alert for some part)
Pernah main Ellie- Help Me Out , Please? Game ini (Murder Room) merupakan prodak dari ATEAM juga. Mereka memiliki ibu yang sama LOL. Jadi, cara bermain game ini tidak jauh berbeda dengan Ellie.
Di Murder Room, kita akan mencari petunjuk untuk mencari jalan keluar dari sebuah ruangan pembunuhan, dimana disana sedang terdapat seorang pembunuh bayaran yang dipanggil 'The Butcher'. Menurut karin-chan, game ini lebih bagus dari segi cerita, atmosfir dan puzzle jika dibandingkan dengan Ellie-Help Me Out, Please?. Kenapa??
Why Play Murder Room??
Kelebihan game ini :
1. Atmosfir game yang terkesan nyata
2. Musik yang sesuai dengan suasana dalam game x'D
3. Plot Twist membuat pemain heran
4. Game ini karin-chan rasa bisa membuat insting kita semakin tajam dan peka (terhadap game lol)
5. Kamu akan bertanya-tanya, "Who is the real 'The Butcher'?"Bahkan setelah kamu menyelesaikan main story game ini.
6. Kamu bisa mengetahui sejauh mana kamu telah bermain,karena presentasi menuju true end (main story true end 70% dan another story 100%) terlihat di main menu.
Rekomendasi karin-chan saat memainkan game ini ( juga disarankan oleh pihak ATEAM )
1. Mainkan game ini dengan pencahayaan full dari smartphone-mu , atau mainkan dengan lampu dimatikan supaya tambah seru >w<)b
Kenapa? Karena pencahayaan game ini, gelap banget @__@ pertama kali karin-chan main, sampai bingung soalnya layar hp gelap semua LOL
2. Mainkan game ini dengan headset atau headphone agar bisa mendengar efek suara-suara dalam game ini dengan lebih jelas dan tentu saja, agar lebih menikmati game. Selain itu, kamu tidak akan mengganggu orang lain apabila menggunakan headset/headphone.
3. Jangan me-RESET data game! Sebab, apabila kamu me reset, kamu harus memainkan semuanya dari awal lagi. Perhatikan betul-betul sebelum kamu benar-benar ingin me reset data game.
4. Kalau kamu tidak terlalu suka horror, jangan memainkan game ini sendirian atau bahkan mungkin jangan memainkan game ini. Ada (cukup banyak) adegan kekerasan dan beberapa 'benda' yang bersifat distrubing.
Ingin memainkan game ini? Download dengan pergi ke sini :
http://www.apk20.com/apk/32649/ (apk. not test it yet)
atau kamu bisa mengunjungi playstore langsung dari smartphone-mu masing-masing dan ketikkan "Murder Room" pada bagain 'search' -w-)/
note: Game ini bersifat FREE download, namun apabila kamu ingin membeli COIN untuk bagian HINTS, maka kamu harus membayar -w-)/
Stuck di beberapa bagian? Ini ada website walktrough yang karin-chan rekomendasikan >w<)/ walktrough ini dibagi tiap-tiap chapter dan cukup mudah untuk dimengerti
Bagaimana saat karin-chan memainkan Murder Room??
This is karin-chan's "gameplay"
Okay, berawal dari
ingin mencari game untuk menemani perjalanan mudik yang cukup jauh. Maka, karin-chan mendownload Murder Room. Review di PlayStore cukup bagus-bagus. Seketika semakin gasabar ingin main.
Ternyata oh ternyata, karin-chan gabisa main selama perjalanan dikarenakan alasan tertentu (sibuk selfie dijalan sehingga lupa main lol , abaikan). Jadi, karin-chan mulai bermain setelah tiba di rumah mbah. hehehe.
Awalnya, berjalan cukup lancar. Sampai akhirnya stuck di chapter 2. Akhirnya karin-chan mencari walktrough di google and here it is. Lancar lagi hingga akhirnya stuck lagi di chapter 4. Daaann kembali stuck lagi di chapter 2, dimana kita harus mengeluarkan Mellanie dari dalam oven. (siapa Mellanie? penasaran? main game nya deh! hihihi).
Berdasarkan hint di tombol oven yaitu SEE NEWS yang rupanya adalah singkatan dari arah mata angin, South East East North East West South. Kamu harus menekan tombol sesuai arah mata angin. Tapi, itu saja ternyata tidak cukup. Kamu harus memiringkan smartphone/gadget mu ke arah kiri lebih dahulu. barulah menekan tombol sesuai arah mata angin. Dan voila~!! Akhirnya karin-chan sampai ke True Ending! Senangnya bukan maiin~~ X'DD
|butuh 2 hari untuk mendapatkan TRUE END :'D|
Cerita dari Murder Room setelah kamu mendapatkan True End ternyata belum selesai sampai disitu saja. Kalau kamu masih ingin memutar otak dan mengetahui siapa sebenarnya sosok 'The Butcher' , kamu perlu melaukan purchase pada Another Story.
Cerita dimulai dari Eric , Neil dan Melanie yang merupakan teman masa kecil. Mereka sering bermain bersama dan karena rasa rindu akan teman masa kecilnya, Eric mengunjungi apartemen lamanya yang sudah bertahun-tahun tidak dikunjunginya.
Pada Another Story, kamu akan bermain menjadi Eric (dimana pada main story kamu akan bermain sebagai seorang 'tamu yang harusnya tidak datang'). Disana ia akan bertemu dengan Neil namun ia belum melihat Melanie yang katanya ada di tempat yang sama.
Disinilah diketahui kebenaran yang sebenarnya dari sosok The Butcher.
Atau sang tamu?
Karin-chan sarankan untuk memainkan juga Another Story~!! :'3
|Another Story - A White Lotus|
Ternyata dibalik game ini, terdapat cerita yang penuh dengan plot twist dan ternyata cerita yang ada sangat berkesan dan menyedihkan. Reccommendedd~! ;)
Untuk game horror berwujud 'visual novel', karin-chan beri rate 9 dari 10 untuk Murder Room!!
Thank you for reading :D
Saran, kritik atau komentar? Go ahead ;)
CMIIW yaah >w<)/
Murder Room explanation by http://www.gamefaqs.com/iphone/684867-murder-room/faqs/65289
- All in all, if you understood Another Story's ending (everything occurring with the conversation with Neil after escaping, and its correlation with the main story), then you have truly captured the BASIC essence of the game. - If not, you may need to play Another Story again to understand it. Although I've already summarized what the final conversation entails, I didn't exactly quote word-for-word what Neil and Eric mentioned, so you may want to go through it again. The point behind the game isn't the game itself, but for you to figure out the story behind the three people and you being the protagonist in the main story. If you didn't catch on, the end of Another Story wanted you to read the conversation before killing Neil. If the point was to just escape, you would've done so and left. This shows that there is more to the game than just completing it, as was intended by Ateam. - Here are just some mysteries for you to decipher, to make the most out of your Murder Room experience. They will play out like a classic Clue novel, with lots of hints and mysteries for you to try and figure out who is the true murderer. If you haven't caught on yet, Another Story is actually the main story. The main story is actually just Eric being side-tracked from saving Melanie, and you ending up being the one to save Melanie. Though, you remain anonymous. It's meant to be from a first-person perspective, of yourself, being there. - However, what doesn't get explained is how you got into that situation in the first place, in the main story. In Another Story, only Melanie, Neil, and Eric were there. It would've been impossible for you to have not been noticed, unless you were the "guest" that Neil was talking about, but with him later deciding to tag Eric as the guest instead, to manipulate his thinking. You do recall being in the car first, and then appearing in the room, but that doesn't explain anything. - For this conclusion, I overview every bit of the game, giving you insight on its correlation with the rest of the story. It's long-winded, and is not meant to be a summary. It's in-depth, to give you food-for-thought. I explain the true essence of the story from head to toe. For the most part, we must assume that the flashback/nightmare/dream that Eric had in Another Story was all true. Otherwise, it could spiral anywhere, which doesn't really give you a reason to bother thinking about the story. +++++ Mystery 1: Who is The Butcher? +++++ - We'll start with the grand question. The one written on the wall. "Who is The Butcher?" Neil was very likely the one that wrote the message on the wall saying "Who is The Butcher?". If Eric was The Butcher, then he did not realize it from amnesia, and must have written it on the wall AFTER Neil's death, since Neil was the one that brought to Eric's attention the question of his true identity. - However, the text was there long before Eric even got the question, and by correlating it with the timing of when he sees the message on the wall in the main game, it makes sense to believe that Eric could not have written it. - The Butcher can't be Melanie, since she's never killed anyone. Neil gives this point to you at the end of Another Story. She's too pure to kill. So it can only be Neil, Eric, or the guest. Neil lures a guest into the apartment, to supposedly image himself as The Butcher. The guest is likely you, in the main game. You (the guest in the main game, I'll just refer to you as the guest now, and Eric as himself) can't be the killer, since you don't know anything about what's happening. Eric is only the second guest, as Neil tagged him as the guest only after he realized he had popped in, coincidentally. - At this point, you should start questioning whether Eric is The Butcher, since he does not seem to know anything at all about what's happening around him. Neil claims that Eric has amnesia but is really The Butcher, but from we've made out so far, Eric probably isn't. Recall, Eric was only VISITING his old apartment. By chance, he meets Neil again. Likely, Neil had written the message on the wall, asking who The Butcher was. Eric likely wasn't The Butcher, unless he had a serious case of amnesia. - This leaves Neil as the prime suspect. The leads we have show that Eric just couldn't possibly be The Butcher. His unknowing approach to everything is too evident to be true. Neil knows more about the apartment than he does, and he frequented the place while Eric was gone, ever since their childhood. Eric starts off by getting Melanie's attention, before eventually admitting that he is The Butcher. He clearly knows that he would die by confronting Melanie, in that situation. So does this imply that Eric is The Butcher? From how Eric reacts to the responses, it seems that he is only The Butcher by what Neil claims. That's it. - We know that Neil is a murderer (because he murdered the person in the bathroom, which I explain below) so he may very well pretend he isn't The Butcher and proceed to place the blame on another person. Chances are, Neil is The Butcher, but he had wanted to test a person's disposition to see if they were natural born killers, similar to his persona being The Butcher. The desire to kill, for no other reason. But there is a possible reason, which I will bring up, later. +++++ Mystery 2: The Doll +++++ - If you recall, the doll resembled Melanie's mother, which Neil admitted to murdering. There was no blood on the doll after the guest (you) fetched the lotus key, so it was likely not human. The key with the lotus likely resembled Melanie and her mother's lifestyle of tranquility, which you could see from the menu art of Another Story, with Melanie sitting in a field of flowers. - The doll is a hard situation to explain, in terms of who made it. It can either be Eric or Neil, as they both owned the apartment. I'll break the situation down for your understanding. The key was in the doll already, and the words on the iron barrier was on there beforehand. The apartment was designed by Neil (since he occupied it the longest) to be a killing ground and a trap for victims. Recall that Melanie did not know what the doll was, and thought it looked like her mother only after you discovered it. So Melanie wasn't the creator of the doll. It also wouldn't make sense for Eric to make a doll of his best friend's mother. Of course, the guest has no relation whatsoever. At this point, Neil made the doll. Since she was his mother, and he killed his mother. He designed the apartment's traps, including the iron barrier that shuts on you when the guest tries to escape in the main game. A good note to remember is that the bathroom with the keypad lock seemed to lock of random accord. If the door closes, it will lock. - +++++ Mystery 3: The Pig Mask & The Watch +++++ Neil's watch could control the apartment's traps and gases. It's not possible for Eric to give him the watch, since he hasn't seen Neil in ages, and there was no way that Neil had access to Eric's apartment while they were young. Eric would've known that Neil was a killer, if he was a murderer back in those days. And chances are, if they were young, they wouldn't have know how to set up intricate traps inside of an apartment. Eric did not know about the gas in his own apartment. If Eric knew about the watch, he would have totally known about the ventilation vent and gas. But Another Story shows he had no idea about it. Therefore, the watch must have been made by Neil. - Neil used the watch to activate the gas during Eric's imprisonment. The pig mask was simply a mixture of Neil's belief that everybody wears a mask (pretends to be somebody else their not, or puts up an image, hiding their own inner personalities), of which Neil himself mentions in another Story, and serves as a gas mask for the gas in the apartment as well. Eric did not know about the keypad in Another Story, so Neil must have installed it. However, Melanie could come as go as she pleased, the watch must have controlled the door as well, since that would've been the only way to enter and exit the bathroom. Melanie also mentions that the watch was his brother's, when you are playing as the guest and discover him in the refridgerator. Thus, Neil likely created both the pig mask and the watch. The pig mask being a symbolic reference to one's masked personality, and primal brutality, and the watch possibly referring to how time will eventually force someone to commit murder in order to survive. - +++++ Mystery 4: Melanie's Betrayal +++++ The reason why Melanie could activate the mechanisms and gas is because Neil must have told her about it beforehand, since Neil planned for her to kill him (even though she refused). Neil wanted Melanie to kill Eric, if he had killed Neil. She would know how the mask and watch works, if Neil had told her. But why did Neil find it necessary to tell her how they worked? She does not need poison gas nor traps to kill Neil, and Neil likely knows that. Neil was more of an advocate for the chainsaw, which he handed over to Eric, to attempt to kill Melanie with. Chances are, he tried to hand the chainsaw to Melanie as well. Remember, Neil owns a gun as well, which he could've given to Melanie to use instead. - Eric had told her how to deal with The Butcher by explaining everything, but only AFTER she entered into the bathroom, and after Eric went in to confront her and "admitting" he was The Butcher. The gas and traps were already in effect before that. Thus, Eric would not have been the one to to tell her how the pig mask and watch worked. However, Eric doesn't even mention the pig mask and watch, because he himself didn't see them during Another Story. He explains to Melanie only how to deal with The Butcher. But with what means, we don't know. But it couldn't possibly be those two objects. Why did Eric need to tell her how to kill The Butcher, if she already had full capacity to do so, assuming that gas was indeed the killing weapon of choice? This raises more speculation about whether Eric is The Butcher or not, because he had already been trapped, and being suffocated by gas. She would not have needed to lay another hand on him, with any other weapon. - Thus, Eric was referring to The Butcher as another person. But, Neil was already dead when Eric told Melanie, so why was there a need to tell her how to deal with The Butcher? This implies that Eric was telling Melanie that the murderer was the guest. Whom of which isn't. That means, Eric was either lying to Melanie, or genuinely had no idea who The Butcher was, and had a premonition that it would've been somebody else, which he later believed as the guest, in the main story (from Neil's guidance, as well as his own belief that he wasn't The Butcher). Chances are, Neil still is The Butcher, but Eric himself did not realize it. Therefore, just because Eric taught Melanie how to deal with The Butcher, it does not push off the possibility that Neil is indeed The Butcher. - +++++ Mystery 5: Neil's Real Plan +++++ Another Story shows what would have happened if you (guest) had not intervened. But think of this. If Eric was truly The Butcher, why did Neil have so much murderous intent in the fashion of a playful torture maniac, as opposed to Eric, who had no intent at all? - Neil knew about the key in the head from the tub, which Eric did not know about. Neil likely killed that person, someone unknown for now. But is possibly one of the people mentioned in the list of names from the water supply system. Only possibly. His murders were related to the names of each month. No month begins with M for Melanie, except March or May, but both of them already had a murder. The JASON code also confirms this. - So if Neil did follow the month approach for his murders, he would not have killed Melanie, unless the day the event occurred in the game was literally during March or May. So if Eric COULD leave, he could've done so, and Melanie would likely be safe. However, Neil may have killed Eric for knowing too much, withnot following the month approach. When you hold up the gun to Neil, he explains that everything was a joke, and was not intentional. This raises suspicion about whether Neil has another real plan, or not. And in this sense, why is Neil so knowledgable at murder tactics? It seems that Neil knows fully well what he is doing. - With Neil likely being The Butcher, he tries to place the identity on Eric instead. By "capturing" The Butcher, Neil could conspire to place the blame on him, to protect his own life, and to convince Melanie later on that Eric was The Butcher. This was an elaborate plot by Neil to hide his own identity of being a murderer by placing the blame on another murderer, as a scapegoat. Since he knows the Eric knows too much about Neil's true identity, Neil wants Eric to die, but not by his hands. The message on the wall, bringing a "guest", pushing the blame to Eric, and likely some other minor things I'm missing, all had a role in pushing off the fact that Neil is likely The Butcher. If Melanie was convinced to kill Eric for being The Butcher, Neil would be let off the hook as Melanie would trust her brother, and Neil would likely be able to continue murdering more people. This brings to light the possibility that Melanie caught wind of Neil's actions, which caused Neil to resort to taking his own sister captive. - +++++ Mystery 6: True End & Another Story Combined +++++ Now if you're looking for a real brainbuster, try to figure this mystery out. There is actually a possibility for the True End and Another Story to simultaneously be possible. But only through one possible way. Use logic to figure this one out. Why is it possible? Because I'm pretty sure Ateam had mentioned that Another Story was another perspective on the game, NOT a side story. So I tried to decipher it. And indeed, it is quite possible. With logic. In the main game, Eric becomes displeased and later admits that he is The Butcher to Melanie in order to save the guest when he offers himself as an exchange because he didn't want anybody else dead. Melanie does kill Eric, in this path, as opposed to the dream, but that is fine, as it is just a twist. - Though, this would imply that Melanie would not be beside Eric, in the hospital, as Eric is already dead. Of course, this also reaffirms the fact that the main game is actually a side story, with the guest interrupting Eric at the start of the main game (who technically would not have murdered Melanie) or before confronting Melanie at the end of Another Story. The guest in the main story performing everything he's done confirms the fact that the events in Another Story related to Eric had occurred, subtract him not being murdered (because that's a choice you'll have to make, whether the guest has a place in the story or not). - So with Eric mentioning his dream, the dream is his deja vu flashbacks of the events relating to Neil's death and the guest's intervention (of which can be taken two ways, one being that Eric lived and the guest had not intervened, and the other being that the guest intervened, and Eric died, of which you can choose, which is the point of having Another Story made), and the mention of it being a nightmare is because of all the stuff that's happened to him relating to Neil and Melanie. Neil had set up the room to essentially lure guests into retrieving the lotus key from his mother's doll, but only if the trap is activated by Neil or Melanie. When Melanie responds "You know." when you ask her in the main game why she is betraying you, she does it because she believes you are The Butcher, only what Eric says, but that is because Neil told him so. So why did Eric feel the need to lie about who The Butcher is, to save himself? He would not have wanted an innocent like you to die, by stalling you inside the gas. And together with him, too. - ----------------------- To wrap things up, in terms of continuity, the only possible way for both the main story (True End) and Another Story to be simultaneously true, is if during the main story, Eric enters the bathroom to confront Melanie, Melanie does not kill him and exits, and Eric somehow escapes sometime then. Eric would hide in the darkness (the guest's lighter would not be able to see everything clearly, as it's the night) or creep out the small window somehow while the guest enters to find the chainsaw and the remains of the body from the bathtub, but placed on the floor, to mislead him into believing Eric died. Eric would've actually escaped (via the window, or after they left), and would then proceed to somehow get to the hospital (maybe he fell down from the apartment, or went there himself for treatment for his trauma or some other issue,. Melanie would later meet up with him there. - ----------------------- Now is this possible? Quite so. Try to figure it out, but if you can't, read below for my depiction. The shower curtain (very likely the same one from the dismembered body parts in the bathtub) was used to cover Neil's body in the refridgerator. The guest completely blacks out later on after Eric punches him, just as Eric goes in to confront Melanie. - Eric during this time tells Melanie how to deal with "The Butcher", whom in this case, he would refer to as himself. The dismembered remains (which the guest found, after entering the bathroom) would bescattered on the ground by Eric and possibly Melanie. He then tells Melanie to lie to the guest that she had killed him (with the chainsaw), and then leave with the guest. Since Melanie would not have killed Eric, Eric must have escaped through the window (the iron barrier was still down) or hid during this time. Melanie would've then met up with Eric later in the hospital. - +++++ Other Minor Mysteries & Tidbits +++++ At the end of Another Story, Melanie doesn't kill Eric and lets him live. Eric then wakes up in a hospital. It may be due to injury from Melanie attacking him (with the chainsaw), or the poisonous gas. Otherwise, if it really was a dream, then he was in there in the first place likely because he was mentally unstable. But that's, once again, assuming that his dream did not occur, which we are not presuming as true. - Neil had setup the gun in the medicine cabinet, but no torture murderer would simply use a gun. However, he was in possession of the chainsaw. Neil likely owns the gun, but as he specializes in dismemberment killing, he only uses the gun as a way to scare his victims. One question you can't figure out is, if Eric wanted to save Melanie, why did he kill her in the main game when the guest closes in on her at the very beginning? Does this imply that the apartment was locked on Eric as well, when he had killed Neil? But we know this isn't true, since you could lure him outside. The iron barriers had not been activated yet Eric would have had no reason to fetch the key just yet. - You know once again that Eric wasn't trying to kill Melanie, because when you turn twice to face him as the pig man (to start the main game), he turns off his chainsaw. You can hear from the background sound. It was the first time where if you looked closer, it would've been inconsistent. This part of the game was likely developed before taking into account the whole mystery involved with the entire group, so it was a small goof. - So what reason caused Eric to kill Melanie with the chainsaw in this game over end? As well, this reaffirms the claim that Eric did not make the doll, since he would've known where the key was if he did make it. He would not have needed anything else from Melanie. Jack the Ripper knife could have been used by either of them, but the knife likely belonged to Neil. With Jack and King on it, Neil showed his fondness for cards in Another Story, with it being the hint in the locker for the first keypad code. - Why was there a plunger in the water tank? A code on the drain cover? Mirror on the curtain? These are a few unexplainable items in Another Story. For Neil to make such an intricate setup, he must've been very talented and deliberately thought it out beforehand. You can see in the main game that there isn't too much difficulty. That's because Neil didn't really place much emphasis in the main room. The true torture room is the bathroom, where he attempts to capture his victims by luring them in, gassing them, and then killing them. - The map was likely made to designate where the fusebox was, but Neil hid the map. Why did he need to hide it? He doesn't need a map to know where it is. But away from this point, this may show that Neil is related to the oven, the meat, and the cash and spray can. But it's speculatory. A compass on a map can't prove his relation to the cash. - However, Neil did use Eric's apartment as his hideout for a long time, and Eric did not return since their childhood. Eric would not have had the chance to hide his cash in his apartment. So if the cash indeed belonged to Neil, it would imply that Neil was a contract killer. He did not do the killings out of his own psychological misconceptions. It is generally fine to assume that basically everything in the apartment belongs to Neil, since he occupied it for the longest time. How did Eric come into possession of his lighter? You notice that he takes it out when the guest flips the breaker and turns off the lights. Following correlation with Another Story, Eric would've already had the lighter, if he had brought it with him. But you don't get to use it in the game as Eric, while you're in the bathroom. Sure, there's technically nothing you could do with the lighter in the bathroom, but it still doesn't rule out the mystery of how Eric came into possession of it. - The gas canister. Why was it beside Neil's body? And in the refrigerator? What would it have been used for? Nobody knows for sure. Possibly another murder (or clean up), by Neil. The choice for JASON as the water supply system code may be a reference for Jason, the masked killer. Neil apparently has an obsession for masks, which may be a reference for this. Not sure if Japanese people know about Jason, though. Maybe they do. They do have a fondness for horror stuff. If Neil's threat to kill Melanie was true, then The Butcher (Neil) may have offered all victims the chance to kill him, but if they refused, then he would've killed them instead.